Friday, May 15, 2009

Caregivers at Retirement Community

We did it! One of the women at the Passavant Lutheran Retirement Community bought the 500th copy of "Journey With Jeff." She was very surprised when I told her she had won the prize -- my 5CD package of "Journey With Jeff." So, she can read the book or listen to the CDs in her car or in her home, or pass it on. She was pleased, and so was I! ~~~ Other great moments for me were the women who came forward to where half a dozen posters hung of Jeff's life -- from his 3 month-old photo with his big wide-open eyes, to the photo of him sitting in his favorite innertube the last summer he went to Camp Joy. One person shared with me how she worked with children at a Lutheran Institution for Children with Special Needs for 25 years, another shared the years she lived with a son who didn't speak until he was a teenager, and a mother of a Down Syndrome girl shared her joys and challenges. These are the things I treasure! It was an awarding trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment