Sunday, February 15, 2009

Big Bird says "Hey there!"

Posted by Picasa
"You know," said Lance, aka "Big Bird", "I still get people coming up to me and saying, "I just read that story again about Jeff washing your car, and I am still laughing!" We met in the vestibule of a funeral home because Don Lawry, the founder of LIfetime Assistance, Inc. has died. His wife Donna still serves on the LAI board, and their son with Down syndrome, now 51, works in the agency's sheltered workshops. Many people were gathered around her, and I pray that support will continue for a long time.~~~ I encouraged "Big Bird" to refer those readers back to me so that I can include their thoughts in a sequel to "Journey With Jeff", picking up on the title of the last chapter, "And The Beat Goes On." How do people deal with the death of a beloved one? How do they create a new life? What do people do who have no faith? This, too, should be a book about caring for caregivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment