Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Inspiration and Encouragement


Inspiration and encouragement for writers was flowing at the Liftbrige Authors Extravaganza on Sunday! I spoke for about three minutes about how Jeff Reisch has journeyed from NY to CA, from GA to TX, from AK to PA in "Journey With Jeff; Inspiration for Caregivers of People with Special Needs," and how the responses from readers have been like ripples from a pebble tossed into the sea. Afterward a friend who used to wait on us at Perkins Family Restaurant when all our family -- including Jeff -- ate there, said he was jumping up and down when he recognized me at the mike. He then introduced me to his friend who will lead a marketing seminar for published authors in January -- which really interests me! Small world!~~~ Later that afternoon I met one of the women who works at Lifetime Assistance Inc., who again told me how much "Journey With Jeff" had helped her see how families handled the challenges of children with special needs. "Indeed," she said,"the book was better than a seminar!"~~~That afternoon was an inspiration and encouragement for me, the caregiver!!

No comments:

Post a Comment