Friday, June 6, 2008

Another LAI Mother

 
Waiting for an Informed Consent meeting for LAI to begin, one of the staff who was there to present a change in meds for a resident said to me, "Thank you for your book. I am a mother of a child with Down Syndrome, too, and I lived those scenes right along with you." (Another bulls-eye to right where it was needed!! YES!) Afterward, I asked about her 'babe' -- who actually is 21 years old -- living with her mom and dad, and beginning to talk about wanting to live in a residence. For a long time this daughter said, "I'll ALWAYS live with my mom and dad!" Now, she's ready to talk of transitioning. I pray that "Movin' On," the story in "Journey With Jeff," about the difficulty for parent AND child of leaving home, is a huge help for everyone. (This photo of Jeff with his friends at his residence probably was taken even before the child in this blog was born.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment