Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jeff Goes to the Upstate NY Synod Convention

 
The best thing about Lutheran conventions is seeing long-time friends and meeting new ones!! Bob and I just enjoyed this three-day Event at the Rochester Convention Center. Our pastor and his wife attended with their 11 1/2 month-old son, and other families also brought their little ones. Four of my long-time friends purchased "Journey With Jeff" from our convention table at the Mission Faire. One was my close friend, Nan ("Through It Together" - pp.77-78, and "Little Shoulders" -p.101) who I still meet at many Events of many kinds. Peggy and I were on the Lutheran Women's Board in the 80's, and I remember writing a poem about an awesome experience I had had, which brought her to tears! Surprise!!! An "Aha" moment for me -- I was able to move people with my words! It was good to be able to tell her how much her reaction had meant to me. My buddy, Anne and I spent many years volunteering at "Seeds and Camp Joy" (pp.265-266,) and we lamented the lack of energy to continue with those wonderful events. Pastor Fred married the daughter of one of our pastors about 20 years ago. His comment about Jeff's life being "quite a legacy" invited my response of how I'd written this book. "I often prayed with my hand in the air, asking God to 'Make me Your keyboard!' I told him. "You've been God's keyboard for a long time," he said. So, Dear Readers, do you see why I relish these wonderful gatherings?!?!?!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment