Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Busy Month of June!!

 
I try to write a couple blogs a week, but June disappeared, undermining this accomplishment! Jennifer, Jim, Theo and Roxy drove with us the middle of the month to Zelionople, PA, to visit Rob's sister Lois, and her husband, Dutch. We hadn't seen them since they moved into the Passavant Retirement Community more than a year ago. Jim drove our van most of the way, and I was able to enjoy Theo and Roxy. I would have loved to have read to them, but they wanted math problems!! Theo was working a problem multiplying 50 X 50, then the answer by 49, then that answer by 48, all the way down to 2 and 1. I can't remember what the process is called, and numbers have always been a challenge for me, but I can multiply, and multiply I did. (Sunday night Theo asked me to play a new card game, "because you like numbers." Have I thoroughly fooled him ?!?) While we were waiting for the rest of the family to arrive in Zelionople from other PA towns, and from OH and KY, Dutch took us through the Administration building which includes a Main Street, a gift shop, a craft place, and a library. The Activities chairperson was there, who is also a social worker. She said she'd like to read "Journey With Jeff," and maybe even have me come back to present a program. (That would be a 5 hour drive!) So, I left a book for the Passavant Library with Dutch. Wouldn't it be great to get a call from her?! ~~~ Later that week I totally relaxed at a friend's appartment in Charlotte, NC. for seven days. She introduced me to the young man I wrote about in my March 29th blog - "Dignity of Risk," - who is doing really well with his new job. He even gave me a hug!!! ~~~ The last day of June, I had an excision of some sensitive red skin above my right eyebrow, for a biopsy. My surgeon was gentle and efficient. (What hurt the most was the novocaine!) I found myself saying, "Thank you!" as he told me everything was going well, and it reminded me of the times Jeff went through surgeries, like mine and kept thanking the doctor. As Rob and I make choices (whether of food or things to do) we often end up saying, "Both, too!" as Jeff did when he had to make decisions. He may be gone, but there are continual reminders of his presence. Thank You, Gracious Lord!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment