Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A New Twinkle in My Eye


"I didn't know you went through all this. You always seemed upbeat and happy." These are words I've heard fairly often from long-time friends and wide-spread family after they have read "Journey With Jeff." There was alot of laughter in our house, and in Jeff's programs and residences, even in the hospital where he spent 22 months. God gave me a calling, and brought others along the way to help. I found that laughter progresses healing, and sustains hope. Especially, "Holy Laughter" which laughs in the face of peculiar circumstances.~~~ There's a chapter in my book called "A New Twinkle," and the quote at the beginning is a poem by Margaret Bailey: "God, give me sympathy and sense, And help me keep my courage high; God, give me calm and confidence, And, please, a twinkle in my eye." Joy prepares us for the long haul when circumstances can lead to tears or laughter -- one never knows!! (Photo of Jeff and friend at Camp Joy)

No comments:

Post a Comment