Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hope With Chanllenges

Journey With Jeff: Inspiration for Caregivers of People with Special Needs should have included the story of my brother's frustration with my stubborn insistance that Jeff didn't have a problem - he was just growing at his own pace. His frustration must have matched that of my friends, Joan and Corrie (see "God Sends Friends" - pp. 23+24) who could see that I didn't want to hear anything to the contrary. I wavered between being energized with Jeff's progress and falling into frusted helplessness. By the time he was 3, I told my friend, Corrie that "Deep down in my bones I know Jeff is developmentally disabled, but I fight it with all that's in me!" The possibility of any blessings from Jeff's problems had never crossed my mind!~~~I wonder how many of my readers have had trouble getting to the place of letting go and letting God be God, and seeing how - in all things - God works for good!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment