Sunday, May 16, 2010

Community Caregivers


There's a house on the other side of our back fence, where several people with special needs live. It reminds me of the Residences Jeff lived in for the nine years after he "Moved On" from home, at age 18. A woman is sweeping the porch. A man is enjoying the backyard swing. Yesterday several people were painting their side of our fence. There is always something going on! A family of residents and the Lifetime Assistance Inc. staff are enjoying the sunshine together, as well as dealing with someone who vies for attention by roaring like a lion. (Which sounds like something Jeff might have done, too!!!) I'd like to wiggle my nose and create a Gate I could walk through, and remind them again of Jeff and friends who used to gather for the Seeds group at a local church.~~~Maybe it's a Time-Gate I'm looking for as I remember the great times which we also enjoyed with Jeff's old friends?! (Photo is a view of the house from my backyard, at dusk on a cold night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment