Sunday, June 13, 2010

Keeping A Sense of Humor


When Jeff was little he created this hat for his daddy out of the innards of a box he found. He made us laugh heartedly -- as he made something out of nothing! Part of bringing up a child who lived with Down Syndrome demanded that we keep a sense of humor. (That has helped a great deal these past weeks as I attempt to get my computor working again after the chirps and clicks in the tower indicated the end of my hard drive.)~~~Meanwhile, "Journey With Jeff"continues to make ripples in the lives of readers of Jeff's story. One of the women in our Lutheran congregation is a nurse who's going back to school to advance her degree. Her family of teens and pre-teens with all their activities create an awesome schedule! She says, "Journey With Jeff"has great short chapters that I could read, and put down, then pick up again without forgetting what I'd read. I really enjoyed that book!"~~~A fellow-writer at a new group I've started attending followed up a meeting with a message to me on Facebook. She wrote: "I just finished reading the book about your son and very much enjoyed it. I like that you didn't glorify what happened -- you were very honest about your feelings and experiences, good and bad. Thank you for writing about your son." And,I thank you for YOUR encouraging words!

1 comment:

  1. It is a great photo. Makes me laugh.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete