Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Carol's Tribute

 
We picked up the mail on the way home from Rob's carpal tunnel surgery on his right hand and elbow, and Carol's joyful note was inside. Good timing! This lady was organist in our church for many years, and she has been through many joys and much sadness, and now struggles with heart problems. In spite of all her challenges she writes encouraging notes, and has a ready smile for everyone. This note was as if we had received the beautiful gift of a single rose from her. Carol writes, "I was so impressed with your book about Jeff. I was so glad when my son brought it to me at the manor. I had just come home from the hospital again. Once I started reading I didn't want to put it down. I stayed up later than usual to finish it last night. I liked the format you used -- short episodes. It's a book anyone who has a child should read whether their child is disabled or not, to become more understanding, sympathetic and helpful to those who have had to deal with the added time it takes in their care, and on their own health. It was so many years before we even knew the Reisch family. All in our congregation should know your story and appreciate how you and Bob can still present a smiling face and positive attitude to our congregation here. I loved the picture on the cover of Jeff. He looks so handsome! The older we get we can look back and see how our Lord has helped us overcome and endure in joy and sadness, because we have learned through experience it's the only way. Praise the Lord." And, Thank you, Carol!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment