Sunday, March 2, 2008

In Touch with Kids that Have Taken Off!

 
Sunday nights Bob and I are usually invited to Ed (Jim's dad) and Lisa's home for a family meal, along with Jennifer and Jim, Theo and Roxy. Lisa's dad was the owner of an Italian restaurant, and he taught his daughter well! Also, Lisa is an educator, and in 1994-1995, she asked me to work with one of her students who has autism. This student was a genius, but he was socially immature. He wrote his assignments on the computor, part of his reward for good behavior. Tonight Lisa said he is working on his doctorate in computors at Buffalo State! Yes!!!!! I just love success stories such as his! I may be retired, but my memory loves to be jogged with stories about Our Kids! (The photo above is Lisa with Theo and Roxy on Christmas morning.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment