Monday, March 10, 2008

Unexpected Bouquets For Journey With Jeff

 
A friend called me this morning with much excitement to say that she saw a connection between the way I had discovered I needed to give Jeff one instruction at a time for him to respond positively, and the way she needed to instruct a highly sensitive, easily agitated son. She had co-signed a college loan and it was time for him to renew it on his own. This single mother has been spending a great deal of money on her children and finding herself on the short end of the stick. "No more co-signing," I told her. "I spent years paying off a van when the person I co-signed with decided to go bankrupt." She says she feels less alone knowing someone else has gone through that. It was a nice surprise to know "Journey With Jeff: Inspiration for Caregivers of People with Special Needs," showed us we had these experiences in common. (These congratulatory flowers came from a long-time friend in Denver for our 50th Anniversary)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment