Thursday, February 28, 2008

Jeff's Joy was Catching!

 
This photo is of Jeff (around 1982) sitting on the front steps of his Lifetime Assistance residence on South Avenue. This was his home for several years, and you can see him beaming,"This is MY house!" LAI has approximately three dozen residences now, including assisted living apartments, and family care. I have been invited to speak at the annual Family Care Providers' training session in April, and I'm looking forward to sharing a number of stories from "Journey With Jeff" with these outstanding caregivers. Most of all I want to make them laugh -- with Jeff's sense of humor, with his joy of music, with my favorite story, "Big Bird's Car." I want them to feel appreciated for all the hours they put in, their compassion, the way the Lord is using them to let the families of the person with special needs under their care know they are not alone. This is such an exciting, joyous time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment