Thursday, February 7, 2008

To Get the Message Out!

Oh Lord, I've done it again! Hung back, shy about being a new author, when I could have put in a good word for "Journey With Jeff!" Our beloved Bishop began a session with congregational leaders from our Lutheran Cluster with the instruction, "Give your name, the congregation you are from, and tell us what in your life you are excited about." Lutherans tend to be quiet about their faith. Names and our congregations were all that were offered as we went around the table. Responding to rhythmn of the quick responses, and not wanting to say, "I have a new resource you can have for the small price of $14.95, plus S&H," I simply gave my name and congregation. It's so much easier to hang back than to hang in there! Beating myself up on the way home, my friend responded, "It's not the money you are after, you want to get the message out there!" YES! She's right! Oh Lord, help me to speak up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment