Monday, February 25, 2008

Winter Women's Retreat

 
Eighteen of us from Jamestown, to Buffalo and Niagara Falls, to Rochester gathered at the Lake Chautauqua Lutheran Center for our annual Women's Retreat this past weekend. About half of us were new to the weekend, but some of us have been coming all 9 or 10 years we've had this event. Pastor Mary Ann Nelson-Loefke asked me to help her lead the Retreat about 8 years ago, and I have been loving it ever since!! One thing we do is draw names for the woman we will create something for to illustrate how we see God working in her life. For several years I have been talking about my dream of publishing a book about our life with Jeff, and one person has drawn my name twice during these years. She has been most encouraging!! One of the "Icebreakers" for this Retreat was the question, "What is exciting to you right now?" FINALLY my turn came, and I could hold high a copy of "Journey With Jeff" and let her, especially, know that my dream has come true!! We also used fingerpaints to illustrate how God is working in our lives, and created a shelf stone to show the ministry to which God has called us. That combination is gracing the upper corner of today's blog: God is very active in my life; and my ministry is to be a bridge wherever God needs me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment