Monday, January 5, 2009

Conversations With Kim - My Cheerleader!

Kim works with adults with special needs at a Rochester agency. I met her at our Lutheran Women's convention in October where she bought a copy of "Journey With Jeff." She has a special place in her heart for people who live with Down syndrome. We had lots to share, and she calls me her "mentor," enthusiastically talking about the book to everyone she can. Howie works at the agency, too, and related how he met Jeff and me at Camp Joy. This photo of Jeff and Howie at Camp Joy made her smile, and comment that "when people with Downs smile, it lights up the whole room!"~~~Kim's thoughts mean even more when she tells me she's a twin, born blind, and with no muscle tone. Her mother worked unbelievably hard and long on her legs, even when the doctors said it was hopeless. The three optical operations she had, and the persistent sessions with her legs resulted in being able to see, and then, for 29 years to hold the job she has now!! Kim is one of my best cheerleaders! She has asked me to send her a dozen copies of the book, and 1/2 dozen CDs of "Journey With Jeff," imagining every person she can possibly tell about the difference Jeff made in God's world! You go, girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment