Sunday, March 29, 2009

Family and Community

Our church has very much become our family and our community! Since children and grands live too far away to make it to our Lutheran service in Kendall, NY, each Sunday, most of our activities center around Concordia. The people cheer me on, and ask how Journey With Jeff is doing. I tell them the book has gone from Rochester, NY to Jacksonville, FL - from Lubbock, TX to Wasilla, AK - from Doylestown, CT to Oaks, OK. Not only does Journey speak to families with differently-abled people, but it has also been an encouragement for other people living a difficult life. One Concordia elder wrote: "I have just finished reading your book. You did such a nice job relating your days, living with Jeff. I know it strenghened your faith and helped you in those trying days. Your book also helped me with my outlook on troubling times in my life. I have always believed we can cope with all things with the love of the Lord. You have set a great example for us all of how you did such a wonderful job with Jeff. God will continue to bless you, and so will I." Wow! Such a beloved family and community!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment