Saturday, April 4, 2009

Inspirational Community Support

Tonight at a Fire Department banquet Bob and I renewed our appreciation of the inspirational community support of the Hamlin Fire Department. Bob was active for many years, and still is invited often to give the invocation and bendiction at banquets. A woman I had never met before said her mother had given her Journey With Jeff to read because she has a 32 year old daughter who lives with Down syndrome. Jeff sure gets around! Beyond any distance I can imagine! (So far there are about 500 books out there!! That is absolutely wonderful!!) One of our best long-time friends remembered she had bought a CD package of Jeff's story when that was produced in 2005. She said she'd listen to it again on the way to and from her work with children with special needs at school. I asked another long-time friend if he would write a review on Amazon.com of Journey With Jeff. He replied that his answer was too personal because now he understood why Bob was who he was. Wow! Profound! But I think his wife might persuade him to tell her what he wants to say on the readied website page. The community inspires me when I hear how Jeff's story has blessed others! (Photo is Jeff and his dad at the Hamlin Fire Department Carnival.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment