Friday, April 24, 2009

Differently Abled

Jeff loved to be busy, to be helping people. And, the people around him found jobs for him to do, enjoying the wide smiles he gave so generously. I was very thankful for the wisdom, support, and encouragement of those wonderful persons! Today I learned of another
mother whose 43 year-old differently abled daughter is living in an LAI Assisted Living apartment, going to a work program, and eager to help plan lots of activities for her group. This mother says, "I enjoyed reading Journey With Jeff. It reminded me of the difficult times I went through with my daughter, and made me feel successful for having met those challenges! The book gave me some ideas of what's available. It inspired me." I am inspired by remarks such as this mother's, as I watch the ripple effect of Jeff's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment