Saturday, September 12, 2009

Inspiration & Encouragement For a Seventh Grader

 
"Journey With Jeff was a book a close family friend, named Sybil wrote," Alex, my seventh grade friend, said in her report. "I loved and hated the book, it was a sad yet joyous book. The way Sybil wrote about Jeff was inspiring." (Her mother had e-mailed me, "I want you to know Alex really enjoyed and was very touched by your book -- she was so touched by it that she chose to do her first book review assignment on it.") Alex continues, "I loved it because Sybil talked about how Jeff's love filled a room, and he was always smiling at everyone. Another reason I liked the book was because every chapter began with a couple lines of text from something that was not hers and ended with a prayer that was hers. I hated the book because when one thing would get better another would get worse, but since it is a true story about Sybil and her son with Down's syndrome, she couldn't really help that, but it still is a minor drawback. Journey With Jeff was an amazing book and I recommend it to most people. I really felt like the book helped me grow as a person and changed my perspective on life and many other things. If I could describe it in one sentence it would be this one: This book was about a very special boy who did very special things. If you do end up reading it I hope it will touch your heart the way it touched mine."~~~High praise and encouragement from a very special young friend! Thank you, Alex!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment