Saturday, October 10, 2009

Be Encouraged!!


The grin on Jeff's four-year-old face encourages everyone who picks up "Journey With Jeff; Inspiration for Caregivers of People with Special Needs." Some read the book in one day. Some use it in their daily quiet time with God. In April, one of the women I met at a Lutheran Women's Retreat near New York City bought a copy. Recently, she sent me this note: "On September 8th when I presented your book to a group of ten Lutheran ladies, I told them how this book held my interest. I wanted to share this with them, not only for Jeff, but for the love of two devoted parents. Your struggle of day to day caring, your deep faith in Jesus Christ, and your unconditional love for him gave them a better insight into the book. Also, our church has a Reading Group that meets once a month. They may consider reading this book as a joint venture.~~~ At our Upstate NY Lutheran Women's convention this past weekend a friend of mine who lives in Oswego, NY -- Snow Country! -- said she was planning to present "Journey With Jeff" to her women's group this year. As I have presented the book to women's groups, it is amazing to find how many of them grew up knowing someone, or who know someone now who has a child with special needs. This book was written to encourage caregivers,...so they know they are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment