Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Caregivers of People With Special Needs


Met Rosalie at her presentation of "Sage-ism, Not Age-ism," about helping elders be all they can be. Since my aim for Jeff was for him to become all he was created to be, I offered "Journey With Jeff; Inspiration for Caregivers of People With Special Needs" to her to examine. She said she knew someone who might really appreciate it, and took it home to read. Today she wrote to me: "I have finished reading 'Journey With Jeff', and it is truly an amazing book. I fell in love with Jeff early in the book. I felt his pain as the seizures came and went. I was overwhelmed by the love you and Bob have expressed. I had empathy with Jen.~~~I found your style of writing short chapters very, very effective. For me, it was "just enough" to learn what was going on in Jeff's life. If the chapters went on and on, it would have been overwhelming emotionally for me. ~~~I would read one, maybe two or three chapters and stop to reflect on your experiences, the scriptures that you chose. I loved the use of words from songs as well.~~~In my experience, there is only One Story...it is the story of God's love for all of life. So, for me your story tells me that Sybil and Bob are reflecting that One Story. My life is blessed even more because I have met you and Bob, and read "Journey With Jeff." You gave me such a beautiful gift, Sybil, when you asked me to help you share this story. The Spirit of the Living God wanted it to happen, and I pray you find more ways to share your story."~~~This is the way the story of God's love in our life is spread -- by those who share "Journey With Jeff" with others in their world. Thank you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment