Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Caregivers! Don't Give Up!


A long-ago friend surprised me with a note about her own care-giving years with her little girl, born in the mid-sixties. "We almost lost her from birth," she wrote. "She couldn't assimilate her food, and would fall asleep as soon as she began nursing. She cried incessantly! Only a goat's milk formula saved the day. She was born with a mal-formed hip, with her little foot smack up against the front of her leg. The pediatrician put her in a brace when she was about toddler-age for night-time use." My friend almost didn't make it through the baby's birth herself, and now she and her husband had to handle this challenge. "I cried my eyes out!" she said. "I had postpartum depression big time! I didn't want my baby! That changed, and I still adore her, and admire her for coming through her own family difficulties."~~~Her conclusion: "So you see we can readily empathize with the trials you write about in 'Journey With Jeff.' There was a time I shut God out. It was a long, lonely time. It is no longer so. I have grown in grace." This is the reason 'Journey With Jeff' was written, so that other caregivers also may have hope and faith, and grace. (Photo is of Jeff at six months.)

No comments:

Post a Comment