Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Journey With Jeff" for Caregivers


My book,"Journey With Jeff; Inspiration for Caregivers of People with Special Needs"has been on the Rochester, NY, communities' Wegman's Store shelves since the middle of November. Four copies were in each of five Wegman's stores, where I checked a couple of times, and was pleased to see only one or two left on their shelves! This week only three books were returned to me, which means 17 are now out in the community, telling caregivers they are not alone! I hope they'll accept the invitation on the last page of "Journey With Jeff," to send their responses to me at my e-mail or snail-mail address. Those responses are such an encouragement to me!!~~~Jeff's special needs were spelled out by Down Syndrome. His friend, Brian, who wrote the response to "Journey" in the previous blog, "A Tribute to My Special Friend," was inspired by Jeff when he had to face experimental treatments and finally spinal fusion surgery for scoliosis as an 11 year old. I asked Brian how he'd learned about the book and he pointed to this blog and/or Amazon.com. "It's one of those books I'll keep," he said, "and, refer back to when I need inspiration."~~~The first lines of a poem by James W. Foley titled, "Drop a Pebble in the Water," suggest how Jeff's story has spread to -- who knows where? "Drop a pebble in the water: just a splash, and it is gone; But there's half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on. Spreading, spreading from the center, flowing on out to the sea. And there's no way of telling where the end is going to be." All praise to You, O Lord!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so wonderful that Wegman's chose to place Jeff's Journey in their stores! They have such a wide outreach to the community and now to the country. They have stores in PA and the DC area as well. It would be so special if they could place Jeff in those stores. Jeff and his mom are both so special and are helping others in such a blessed way!

    ReplyDelete