Sunday, April 18, 2010

Family Support from "Journey With Jeff"

 
Most responses to "Journey With Jeff; Inspiration for Caregivers of People with Special Needs,"are from those who are caregivers of children with special needs. But, tonight I was surprised by a phone conversation with a member of our family, Dutch, who just lost his wife (my husband's sister)about three weeks ago. In his Pensylvania retirement community, Dutch was invited to be in a play called, "It's Laughter We're After." It will be presented on May 16th, the day before their wedding anniversary, and Dutch said, "Oh no, I don't think I can do that." He didn't feel much like laughing. Dutch has been re-reading "Journey With Jeff," and found himself at the last chapter titled, "And the Beat Goes On." As he put down the book he said, "Well, if Robert and Sybil can continue on, then I can too. Life does go on. And, so will I!" Dutch has a part in the comedy, and also will sing a happy little ditty he sang to Lois on anniversaries that made her laugh. Yes, Jeff's unconditional love and influence continue on! God is full of surprises!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment