Sunday, April 25, 2010

Inspiration For and From Readers


It wonders me how many people have read the 565 copies of "Journey With Jeff" which are in a dozen libraries, or in their own library, and who have passed it on! One of my friends at church bought a copy, declared it "Fantastic!" and told her daughter, who is a nurse, "You have got to read this!" Her busy daughter made it a point to tell me, "I like the format, because the chapters are short. This makes it easy to read, put down, and pick up again."~~~The young music teacher who wrote the Forward to "Journey With Jeff" exclaimed, "The book really has taken on a life of its own, hasn't it?!?" She sometimes quotes a tidbit or two to the parents of her special needs students, hoping they will want to pick it up and read more.~~~One of the young neighbors we met when we first moved to Hamlin, NY, in 1976, is now a policeman. He saw the book in the library, recognized my name, and when he saw my husband at the library, he made a point of telling him he had read it. I am anxious to get in touch with him to hear his response to the story of Jeff, who was just about his age when we were neighbors. Yes, "Journey With Jeff" seems to have taken on a life of its own! It's pretty exciting, and I relish every single response from my readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment