Sunday, August 22, 2010

Caregivers, Take Note!

 
All Caregivers~~~plus many who have learned that the baby they are expecting may have special needs~~~please take a look at these words: "My face may be different, but my feelings the same. I laugh and I cry and take pride in my gains. I was sent here among you to teach and to love, as God in the heavens looks down from above. To Him I'm no different, His love knows no bounds; It's those here among you, in cities and towns that judge me by standards that man has imported, but this family I've chosen will help me get started. For I'm one of the children, so special and few, that came here to learn the same lessons as you. That love is acceptance, it must come from the heart. We all have the same purpose, though not the same start. The Lord gave me life to live and embrace, and I'll do it as you do, but at my own pace.-- Unknown author.~~~There are many e-mails, articles and blogs filled with the question about what it's like to have a child with Down syndrome. Comments and responses have spoken of the joy of being loved by one of these children, and of the help from new research and resources. I am deeply thankful that so much is going on these days with children who have special needs!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this quote and your experiences.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete