Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Journey With Jeff" under Caregiver's Arm

 
"I'm bringing my copy of "Journey With Jeff; Inspiration for Caregivers of People With Special Needs" with me for our stay at Strong Memorial," a caregiver friend told me. She and her husband will be spending a couple of months at this University of Rochester hospital for cancer treatment for her spouse. Yes, caregiving for a child like Jeff may be different from caregiving for a spouse, but my friend believes she'll have the same feelings I wrote about dealing with Jeff being in the hospital. She pointed out the inspiration of the scripture quotes chosen for each of our God-stories. She liked the prayers following, which ranged from utter dismay at downturns in Jeff's health, to thanks for sending the right person at the right time, to exuberant praise when I sensed the holy in the ordinary.~~~My friend and I have not talked for almost five years as one thing after another has challenged her while being caregiver for her spouse. Now, I expect we may have some time together, with me as a "been there" listener and encourager. Perhaps she'll write an "Abba Father" letter or two to God, just as I did at low and high points.~~~O Healer God, put Your arms around this couple. Bless her as a caregiver, and heal her spouse quickly and thoroughly. Grant their doctors and caregivers at Strong much wisdom. Thank You! Amen.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: