Thursday, August 5, 2010

Jeff and Mitch Miller

 
Earlier this week the world learned that Mitch Miller, a caring, charismatic, always smiling musician died at 99 years of age. Jeff enjoyed looking at his record album covers while listening to the "Sing Along With Mitch," popular songs, which came out in the early 1960's. A couple of long-time Lifetime Assistance, Inc. friends (who are sisters) wrote on their Facebook pages, "I bid a sad farewell to Mr. Mitch Miller followed by wonderful memories of an inspirational young man. Thanks, Mitch Miller for letting me think about him today." I replied, "Just a guess that you're thinking about Jeffrey Reisch and his great love of Mitch Miller? Jeff met him at Eastman School of Music in July 1988, when Mitch was here to conduct the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra. Were you one of the staff who arranged that?" She quickly replied, "No, I was not one of the ones that arranged that meeting. I just remember hearing 'Mitch Miller!' so many times from Jeffrey. Anyone who knew and loved Jeffrey was well aware of his love for Mitch Miller. When I learned he had passed away my first thought was that Jeffrey would be so upset." Dennis Brown, one of the LAI managers who has been with LAI more than 30 years wrote, "Jeff was probably there to welcome him when he crossed over. What I wouldn't give to see that!" Yes, Dennis, that's exactly what I was thinking!!!~~~Another great outcome of these Facebook messages, is that I learned Marla Chefalo was the one who arranged Jeff's meeting with Mitch Miller. She said, "It was so much fun! They were both such good guys! I thought of that when I heard." My thanks to you for good memories because of your special efforts, Marla! The second sister concluded, "It's nice to have such happy memories returned to us. Jeff will forever be remembered with a song in my heart. Thank you for sharing him with the world." YES!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment