Thursday, January 31, 2008

Extra Rewards!

The responses I receive from long-time friends who have read "Journey With Jeff" are extra special to me! These words come from an Oneonta SUNY friend:"I can't begin to relate to what it is like to have a special needs child because I have never been down that road. Even though we have kept in touch over the yers, I never had a clue about what a rough road you had. I remember visiting you in Port Jervis when Jeff was a tiny baby. You explained to me about the 'crow' and that it might possibly be CF. Even that didn't mean very much because I'd never heard of it, and didn't realize what a serious illness that is. He just looked like an adorable little guy to me. I have such great admiration for the way you and Bob raised Jeff and helped to make him such a strong brave young man, secure in his faith and your love for him. After I married, I met my landlady's sister who was a special ed. teacher. During our conversation I discovered that she had had Jeff as a student. She said she had never met a more loving child. I surely hope your book reaches those who need it most. You didn't surgercoat anything. You told it like it was. You shared your most intimate feelings. You show that your are only human and that it's normal to get angry and frustrated with your special child. And how it is so important to let them do things for themselves when it would be so much easier to do it for them. And to give them every opportunity to become all they are capable of becoming. And you also show all the good times that made the struggle worth it." Thanks, Tut! You made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment