Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Interruptions are your ministry" Marva Dawn

Two interruptions threaten my present schedule! One is a request to move my mother's piano from my home on Sunday morning into an apartment for a great niece and nephew to use, and one is for an 8AM ride to Unity Hospital for a friend to take a stress test. The first response is "NO!" -- We're in church Sunday mornings and I want to say goodbye to this piece of my history, my mother's piano, sending it with a blessing as her great grandchildren pursue the joy of music. The second is "YES!, Monday AM is open and my friend has few people to ask. When I was writing "Journey With Jeff" there were many interruptions, and the wisdom in Marva Dawn's quote, "Interruptions are your ministry," kept me sane in the midst of meetings, appointments and family time. It has brought things into focus for me -- what's important, and being aware of God's call to me in the midst of getting "JWJ" where it needs to be. It brings me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment