Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Single Rose & 2.5 # of Coffee

My Bishop and also my friend, Marie Jerge wrote: "Jim and I were both totally blown away by "Journey With Jeff. We both 'read' it as we drove and both of us knew moments when we had to pull to the side of the road because we could not drive safely through the tears. What an incredible and faithful and powerful witness to the wonder and grace of our God! I used a couple excerpts in my sermon this morning and several folks asked where they could get the book. You have done a wonderful thing in sharing your experience and especially your faith in the midst of tough times. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Jim will be in touch when he has a chance - but know that this has been a special gift to both of us." ~~~ Soon Jim came to our home, bearing a single rose ('I read your book,' he said) and a 2.5# bag of coffee!! (In the book I said that I think a single rose means more than a whole bouquet; and I wrote of times Bob and I talked seriously over a cup of coffee.) We talked over some tough times, then Jim bought 12 copies of "Journey With Jeff" to share with his prayer group, and for gifts. What wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment