Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Although this photo was taken years ago while spending Thanksgiving with family in Pennsylvania, the company today serving Thanksgiving dinner at the Loaf and Ladle at an Episcopal Church was equally inspiring. A number of people (5) talked to me about "Journey With Jeff." One man had put the newspaper announcement of my appearance at the August Barnes & Noble book signing up on the church bulletin board. A woman I've known many years because of her involvement with Jeff at LAI reminded me that quite a few lives have been affected because Jeff has left this living legacy. A couple of people wondered where they could get the book. (If only I'd remembered I had a couple of copies out in the car!)~~~A year ago I wrote in my Journal, "Where is MY book about Jeff? Advent means waiting. O Lord, help me wait without complaining!" The next day the proof was in my hands! About a week later I held the first real copy of "Journey" in my hands, asking the Lord to help me get that book where those 120 copies needed to go! After spending $5500 on publishing this inspirational memoir, I have recouped the initial expense, praise God.!! Now I am working on catching up with costs of book purchases, envelopes and postage. Having sold about 425 books, I'm stretching toward 500! I still envision having at least 1000 copies out there making a difference in caregiver's lives! Lord, may it be so!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment