Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Different Point of View


My friend, Bobbie, surprised me by saying "Journey With Jeff"had changed her life! She and I belonged to a Writer's Group where I read an excerpt from this book for them to critique a while ago. Bobbie said, "You made me see a different point of view. Usually I avoid people with special needs so I don't look as if I am pitying them." She continued, "Driving through town recently, I saw a person leaning on arm crutches crossing the street -- very, very slowly. It made me wonder what it must be like when crossing a street requires every bit of one's energy." Was Bobbie putting herself in that person's shoes, and sensing her determination, courage, and perseverance, rather than looking the other way?!? It makes me very happy to make a difference in someone's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment