Thursday, August 13, 2009

Special Needs Children

 
Karen, the child between Jeff and his friend, Robbie in the photo, was born prematurely and spent several weeks in a hospital incubator. Karen and Jeff spent their first few years together. Her story is in Journey With Jeff. Today she works in a Nursing Home as a C.N.A. and we keep in touch by notes, and by Face Book. Karen writes: "Yes I did read Jeffery's story, and I remembered the fact that God made great people like Jeffery. I still remember when we played together. Do you remember when you ran over a snake when we all were going to visit your mother and father? I will always miss Jeffery as well as you and Uncle Bob. Love, Karen Marie." Her mother, a close friend of mine, was a big influence in my life. Her advice is also included in Journey With Jeff. Karen said a number of people had asked where they could buy a copy of the book so I told her they could order it from Amazon.com, or from me at my e-mail address: rsreisch@frontiernet.net. Who do you know that could use a copy of Journey With Jeff; Inspiration for Caregivers of People with Special Needs"? Order it today for someone who needs to know they are not alone in their caregiving.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment