Monday, September 1, 2008

A Book Signing at Barnes & Noble

 
I looked up from visiting with the author next to me at our long table, and there he was! A seven year old young man with almond eyes, just like Jeff's, was looking me over. "Hello Sweetheart!" I said with surprise. He and his mother were there with two other caring adults. "What's your name?" I asked him. I needed some help to understand it was 'Riley.' His mom asked some questions about "Journey With Jeff" before asking me to sign it. "Write, 'To Riley'" she said. "No!" Riley protested, "Write, 'To Nana'" But 'Riley' won, and the night was made special by their visit!~~~That book signing was a great place to learn about other authors and their creations. One has been an Fireman/EMT for 25 years, and shared some stories of those rescues -- including adopting four children from overseas -- each of whom has a special need! One mother had written a story about her very successful son who is a dwarf. Her story title: "Who Says I'm Small?" A ninety-two-year-young man wrote "Wounded at Gettysburg" from letters his great-uncle had written home. He takes his book to places like Genesee Country Museum where there are re-enactions of Civil War Battles, and sits right in the middle of things where people will find him and buy a book. I came away from this Event feeling much richer!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment