Thursday, August 28, 2008

Libraries! An Exciting Place To Be!

 
So many great things happen at our library! Wednesday afternoon four authors from Bethany House who write historical and contemporary romances had a book signing. I was especially interested in meeting Kim Vogel Sawyer, because she wrote, "Dear John", a story about a young man with Down Syndrome (who goes to her church.) She and I have e-mailed each other about our books, so I was particularly happy to meet her. In "Dear John," the heroine becomes the caregiver of her brother, John, after her parents' death. She agonizes about whether to keep him at home, or let him go out in the world, where cruel people could hurt him, to get a job. It was a great book, and I was delighted to have her sign it...."Sybil~~" she wrote,"He has great plans!" I just pray that I am aware of all the nudges the Lord gives me, so that "Journey With Jeff" can get out to all the people who need to know they are not alone as caregivers!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment