Thursday, August 21, 2008

Conditional Love and Encouragement?

 
"You look so familiar!" I said to a woman at our Senior Center; "What's your name?" She told me, and we studied each other for a moment before we both said the other's name at the same time! Big hug! I hadn't seen her for many years, but I remember something I don't think she remembers. 25 -- 30 years ago when we often met for lunch I'd talk about my intense dream of writing Jeff's story for publication. After a while, when this work didn't fall into place, and I STILL longed for it, she impatiently said, "Sybil, I don't want to hear from you again until you've written that book!!!" ~~~ I believe she was challenging me to "Just DO it!"~~~ she believed this goading would motivate me to get it done!!~~~ Catching up a little with each other's lives today, I mentioned that I have written "Journey With Jeff." She responded lightly, "I knew you would."~~~ Maya Angelou has said, "I have learned that people will forget what you said; people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made then feel." I pray I will never bury a relationship with treatening words of conditional love.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sybil:

    I, too am a Bkpt resident. Your book sounds wonderful.

    I see that your book was published by Book Surge and just wondering how that worked for you.

    I am an amateur writer who has just completed a book about children's disabilities, but need a publisher. Would you recommend Book Surge?

    Thanks for your help.

    Miss renee

    ReplyDelete