Wednesday, August 13, 2008

RECOGNIZED!!

 
There was a woman standing at the library desk when I went to check out a book, and her face was wreathed in smiles. I greeted her with a "Hi!" and a smile, but had no idea who she was. She kept on smiling and looking at me. "Are you the author of that book?" she asked. "You mean Journey With Jeff? Yes, I am." She continued, "I thought so. My friend has an eleven-year-old son with Down Syndrome and she loaned it to me. I really enjoyed it!" When I asked her her name, I learned she lived about 25 miles away, and drove a school bus for that district. She said she had applied to drive a bus for Lifetime Assistance, Inc., but the schedules didn't mesh. ~~~ A school bus driver!! Now, there's a person I admire! (Photo of "Journey With Jeff" on CDs - first, before the book - in the local library.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment