Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hello From the Past!


Thirty-plus years ago a teenage gal in Dunkirk named Diane babysat with Jeff for us. Today she wrote an e-mail introducing herself again. She said: "I have a funny story I remember about Jeff -- I was babysitting one time and he proceeded to move some of his bedroom furniture out to the front yard -- do you remember that? I didn't know what to do about it, but let him carry on because it made him happy!" No, I did not remember that! Wish I knew what he was thinking as he wrestled it down the stairway!! ~~~Diane had received a Christmas card from Bishop Marie and Pastor Jim Jerge (who had married her and her husband) so she decided to explore the Upstate NY ELCA Synod website. She came across Marie's review of "Journey With Jeff," and said I still had that warm, kind face she remembered as a little girl, then asked to purchase a copy of "Journey." We wrote back and forth for an hour and a half -- What a bonus!! (Photo is of Jeff at 14, when we still lived in Dunkirk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment