Monday, December 15, 2008

Local Authors' Extravaganza at Liftbridge


This was the third Local Author's Extravaganza I've attended, and the largest one yet! It's great to bask in the energy of writers, known and unknown, and to meet new ones. There were refreshments, and a chance to talk with others about their books, and 5 - 10 minutes for each author to read excerpts from his or her book ~~ some good, and some just not my style. I chose to read "Welcome to Holland," by Emily Peri Kingsley (permission to include it in "Journey" granted by the author,) and "Jeff's Delight" about his love of music. Then I added the response I received from a mother in GA, who said, "In short, what I want to say is that "Journey With Jeff" has helped me to work through the last of my 'mourning' over the loss of the child I'd hoped for and welcome with open arms the trip to Holland instead." I am saving all these responses with the hope to include them in a sequel about how Jeff has blessed so many with his story. ~~~ One of the people attending this event was a legally blind, little person who is studying Social Work at Brockport SUNY. Very interesting to talk with, he bought "Journey With Jeff" in book form and as a CD, asking me to sign them both. Perhaps he'll be a key to having a professor use this book as a text for his or her class?!?!? That will certainly get "Journey" out there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment