Monday, October 1, 2007

I've been working on writing our son,Jeff's story for many years. I wanted other parents of children with developmental disabilities not to feel they were alone in their struggles. Finally got it all together, sent it to a number of publishers who all basically said, "It's lovely, but we can't use it." So,...I read it onto 5 CDs, calling it, "Journey With Jeff; Inspirations for Caregivers of People with Special Needs." Many of the people who bought it ($17.00 + tax) said they'd also like a copy in book form so they could turn over a corner of the page, or put in a book mark, or underline. Therefore, I have been working with BookSurge (an Amazon.com company) to self-publish the book. Almost done!! Sent in my digital proof corrections today. A couple more steps and I'll hold it in my hand!!! It's getting pretty exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the "blogging scene" ;) I'm glad to hear that all is going right along for your book. We're all fine here, it's just so crazy I don't have time to keep in touch with anybody. I'm really enjoying the courses I teach, but I'm very tired by the end of the week. Continued blessings as you write, and I'll try to keep up wth your blog! Love you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sybil,
    There's nothing like holding your book in your hand after so much work. It's hard to believe it's real. I hope it happens for you soon and that you enjoy the experience as much as i did.

    ReplyDelete