Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tomorrow two friends and I will catch a bus in Rochester full of Lutheran Women on their way to our Upstate NY Synod Convention at Camp-In-the-Woods at Speculator Lake (near Lake George) with an appropriate outdoor theme. I'm looking forward to hearing the keynote speaker, Tom Porter, Spokesman and Chief Spiritual Leader of the Mohawk Community in Fonda, NY. Then, Saturday night an Adirondack Storyteller will weave his spell. Meanwhile, my part in the Convention is presenting a "Caregiving" Workshop, featuring my "Journey With Jeff; Inspiration for Caregivers of People with Special Needs," and the wonderful stories in "Chicken Soup for Caregivers," and "Chicken Soup for the Soul--Children with Special Needs." I hope to stimulate lively sharing, and encouraging, and networking in those two 45 minute sessions. One of the best things about these gatherings is seeing old friends again! Yes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment