Tuesday, April 1, 2008

LAI Family Care Providers


I like the LAI logo ~~ a hearty helping hand! Today I had the joy of sharing "Journey With Jeff" with a dozen Family Care Providers at LAI. Maria Rugg asked me to talk to the providers for about half an hour or so. I picked out a number of stories to illustrate how the Lord had given us help and encouragement as we needed it. The providers sighed, and smiled, and laughed as I read. I appreciated my responsive audience, and discovered three people in the room that had been with Jeff in Camp Joy, and at SEEDs at Reformation Lutheran Church, and who worked nights when Jeff was at South Avenue in Brockport! Most of the people in the room had been working at LAI for many years -- which I believe is essential for people with special needs who need consistency in their lives. After my presentation I was invited to stay for a pizza lunch! Delicious! I am so enjoying this "Journey With Jeff" Party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment