Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cruising the Erie Canal

 
Today I joined several other Seniors cruising the Erie Canal on the restored Mississippi River Boat, the Rose Lummis. About 25 of us enjoyed lunch on our hour trip, listening while our local historian told us about the people and businesses who had settled this area. I thought it was all too soon when we turned around to go back! I would have liked to have gone all the way to Rochester, but we didn't even make it to Spencerport! I want to go again -- further!! ~~~There were several familiar faces on the trip, but one sweet person I hadn't seen for a long time stopped me for a hug on my way to the upper deck. "I just wanted to tell you," she said, "that I thought the newspaper story about you a couple of months ago was extra special. My niece has four children, and the first and last child each have Down syndrome." My heart goes out doubly to people caring for more than one child with special needs. What a blessing to have a supportive family! It seems she hasn't read "Journey With Jeff," so I told her she could find a copy at the Senior Center. "Nice to know an author!" she beamed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment