Sunday, May 18, 2008

Two Ways to Read "Journey With Jeff"

 
This is a photo of me reading to my grandchild's class -- something I thoroughly enjoy!! There are two kinds of books I love to read -- a story that I can't put down, (such as Sue Monk Kidd's "The Secret Life of Bees,")and a book of devotions (I have 5 beside my Quiet Time chair, including the annual Daily Guideposts.) ~~~ I have also discovered there are two kinds of readers of "Journey With Jeff" -- those who read it in one sitting, and those who use it one day at a time, pondering the beginning quote, the illustration about Jeff, and my prayer at the end. One of my friends at church bought a copy of "Journey" to take with her to read on a long flight, but said she picked it up one day and couldn't put it down. Guess I'll have to write another one for her--very quickly!! Our young, energetic, well-read, well-traveled and thoroughly Lutheran Pastor said he sees Jeff's story in devotional form, meant to be read one by one by one. "So I won't be done reading it for quite a long time," he told me. I appreciate both kinds of readers!! I also appreciate those who review "Journey" on Amazon.com, because people deciding whether or not to purchase a book usually read it's reviews first. I'm eager for all caregivers to know they are not alone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment